Please first read the Coronavirus Update opposite, since all the activities described below are likely to be affected.
We are delighted to announce that from September we shall be resuming our monthly daytime support group sessions. Please note that the venue for the meetings will be Room 6, The Circle (Voluntary Action Sheffield), 33 Rockingham Lane, Sheffield, S1 4FW. They will be held on the third Thursday of each month (not the second as previously stated) and starting at 12.00pm (not 1.00pm).
So our first three meetings for 2021 will be on Thursday 16th September, Thursday 21st October and Thursday 18th November, all at 12.00pm.
Covid Safety Guidelines – The Circle recommend the following to maximise safety when on the premises:
DO NOT ATTEND THE MEETING IF YOU HAVE COVID-19 SYMPTOMS
- Observe 2m social distancing at all times
- Wear face coverings in all common areas (Reception; corridors; lift; stairwell; toilets) and when passing others in the room hired
- Regularly wash hands and use hand sanitiser which is provided
- Please ensure you provide us with the contact details (name and telephone number) for Track and Trace purposes as per Government guidelines.
- We also request that all attendees contact us directly should they test positive for COVID-19 if there is a delay in the Government’s Track and Trace team contacting you. This is so we can act responsibly and notify others to help stop the spread of the virus. All contacts details will be kept under strict data protection regulations and destroyed after 21 days.
Apart from the Adult Asperger Group (see below), the Sheffield Autistic Society does not have evening meetings but you may wish to contact the Sheffield Asperger Parents Action Group who hold meetings each month.
Go to Groups for Autistic and Asperger Adults for details of this group.
For information about other meetings and support groups in Sheffield see Other Events and these sections of the Useful Links page:
Local volunteer organisations supporting autistic adults
Local volunteer organisations supporting autistic children and their families