Sheffield Autistic Society have received the following from Laura Selby, Deputy Manager, Sheffield Young Carers:
“Our services: We’re really pleased to announce that we’ve secured new funding and now offer the following services:
· Support for young people One year of respite and resilience building for children and young people aged 8-25 living in Sheffield who are:
– caring for someone in their family who has a physical illness, a mental illness or a disability and/or
– are affected by drug and alcohol issues in their family (this support was previously known as WAM)
This includes one-to-one and group support, advocacy, training, bridging into other specialist services, and school holiday activities/residentials. All our services are free of charge. Further details here.
· Support for adults being cared-for by a young carer in their family. This service includes one-to-one support, advocacy, group training opportunities, and social/peer support sessions, with the aim of reducing the impact of caring on their child.
· The Young Carers Activity Fund: A £300 fund for individual or groups of young carers aged up to 18 who don’t want or can’t access our service to get a break from their caring role.
Referrals: To refer a young person to our organisation, they must want and be involved in the referral. Young people/families can also self-refer. Full details and our new referral form are available here. (Please note: We currently have a five month waiting list but are working through this as quickly as we can).
Job opportunities: We’re also recruiting for three posts. Full details and application packs are available here.
If you have any questions, please get in touch.”
With best wishes,
Sheffield Young Carers
Sheaf Bank Business Park,
Unit R7b, Riverside Block
20 Prospect Road, Sheffield, S2 3EN
Tel: 0114 258 4595
Mobile number: 07854 977 304