New autism and diagnosis centre in North Staffordshire

The Caudwell International Children’s Centre (CICC), which has cost £18 million to build and aims, among other things, to provide an alternative – and for some parents a much quicker – route to the diagnosis of autism in children, is now open at Keele University in North Staffordshire.

Funded initially by philanthropist John Caudwell, the centre offers a wide range of disability services for children and families, but has within it a specialised autism centre providing diagnostic assessment, intervention and support for children with ASD and their families. The  Caudwell Children Autism Service accepts referrals and provides support for children aged 4 – 11 years. Referrals are accepted from any health, education or social care professionals who know the child and family well.

Families can apply for support for funding from Caudwell Children but will need to meet the charity’s eligibility criteria.

Funding, if supported, will be for 80% of the total cost. Therefore families will need to contribute the remaining 20%.

For more information see